8.14.2009

Dear God.

I want to pray like this.

Troubles, troubles.     
 That's all you hear from me, right?    
But who else can we simple people take our troubles to?          
    You know, sometimes I wonder,
who do you take your troubles to?                
 Anyway. Motel and Tzeitel have been 
married for some time now.                
 They work very hard. And they're as
 poor as squirrels in winter.    
 But they're so happy, they don't know how
 miserable they are.             
 Motel keeps talking about a sewing machine.                   
          I know. You are very busy now.
 Wars, revolutions, floods, plagues, all those 
little things that bring people back to you.     
But... couldn't you take a second
 and get him his sewing machine?                     
    Huh?          
Yeah, and while you are in the neighbourhood...                
    As you can see, my horse's leg...      
Am I bothering you too much?                                                                                                       
        I'm sorry. I'm sorry.                                                                                        
As the Good Book says...             
  Why should I tell you what the Good Book says?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails